Youth-HIV Peer Educator
Publication Date: December 13, 2023
Job Type: Volunteer
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (Hybrid)
LetsStopAIDS is a Canadian youth-HIV charity that focuses on HIV prevention and knowledge exchange by engaging young people and fostering leadership. Since 2004, we have been creating a global network of youth-HIV leaders. LetsStopAIDS is mostly run by volunteers and your contribution will be part of the broader volunteer effort.
As our Community Ambassador, you will become our voice to youth-HIV information and knowledge. You will be part of a team encouraging youth to create leadership opportunities within their local communities. You will learn about HIV, and become champions to develop new content made for youth!
Our preference is that you are a youth, who is 15-24 years old. Though, if you aren’t, you can still apply.
- Collaborate with the Youth Programme Coordinator on delivering Youth Workshops and Educational Programmes (virtually or in-person)
- Support the Youth Programme Coordinator with the preparation of school presentations or virtual workshops
- Supply health information and information packs to youth-related to HIV
- Facilitate the data collection and completion of participant questionnaires, as well as with information generated after each session
- Attend regular Community Ambassador sessions, once per week and keep up-to-date with relevant HIV knowledge and information
- Other duties as assigned
The role will require 3-6 hours per week. This role also requires attending a weekly community ambassador workshop (virtual or in-person). Preference will be given to individuals with lived experiences, relating to HIV.
- Strong communications skills to encourage to youh to create encouraging youth to create leadership opportunities within their local communities
- Learn about HIV, and become champions to develop new content made for youth
- Passionate about sexual health and be driven to create new methods to better engage with other youth
- Youth are preferred (Age: 15-24 years old) Again, if you aren’t, you can still apply!