Publication Date: December 13, 2023
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (On-Site)
Salary: Discuss upon hire
LetsStopAIDS is a Canadian Youth-HIV charity that focuses on HIV prevention and knowledge exchange by engaging young people and fostering leadership. Since 2004, we have been creating a global network of youth-HIV leaders.
We are looking for a Graphics Designer that doesn’t mind having their hands in all aspects of design and creative projects. We are looking for someone who is eager, versatile, collaborative, but able to help work on either social media image creation, all the way through to turning wireframes into innovative and beautiful designs that reflect the values of LetsStopAIDS. The graphic designer will also assist with creating new design concepts and themes, but should be willing/capable to work off set design concepts and styles and develop new media based on those guidelines. It’s important that the designer knows how to balance vector scalability and pixel perfection.
- Create illustrations and designs through the use of different kinds of software
- Combine the right elements to evoke certain emotions and feelings
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Work proactively on all projects, asking questions when necessary
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritizing multiple deadlines
- Verify designs through different kinds of testing
- Attend design and review meetings for error before publishing.
- Stay on top of the latest design trends/tools/techniques
- Develop, edit and deliver high quality, impactful content
- Design and create original enticing graphics that will create awareness and be a part of branding for special events, social posts and web use.
- Selecting appropriate visual and graphic styles for different projects.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and design standards.
- Have an open minded with a willingness to receive feedback
- Solid experience with graphic design, illustration, and clear understanding of colours, typography, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Microsoft and Google Drive-based software
- Experience with preparing files for Digital or Print
- Experience with Web-Design, UI Design is preferred
- Knowledge of HIV is an asset