Publication Date: December 13, 2023
Job Type: Volunteer
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada (Hybrid)
LetsStopAIDS is a Canadian Youth-HIV charity that focuses on HIV prevention and knowledge exchange by engaging young people and fostering leadership. Since 2004, we have been creating a global network of Youth-HIV leaders.
LetsStopAIDS has an exciting volunteer internship opportunity for a confident, results-driven professional to join our communications team. Under the direction of the Digital Content Manager, the UX designer help contribute to the research portion of our projects. This is a great opportunity for a motivated student to gain valuable hands-on experience in the field or an individual with experience to make a meaningful impact with their work. User Researchers will conduct user interviews to gather insights, and curate solutions. Working closely with our team, you’ll be involved in various aspects of user experience research, contributing to the project’s foundation and helping ensure its success.
- Collaborate with the research team to define research objectives and strategies for the “discover” phase of product development.
- Conduct user interviews/usability tests to uncover insights and gather user feedback, paying special attention to the target audience’s needs and preferences.
- Analyze research findings and provide actionable recommendations that align with the project’s goals and user-centered principles.
- Assist in creating user personas, journey maps, and other visual aids to communicate research insights effectively.
- Help in ideation and brainstorming sessions.
- Work with designers/developers to ensure user needs and insights are integrated into the project’s design and functionality.
- Previous experience is desirable but not mandatory - the role is open to individuals with a passion for UX and a willingness to learn.
- Enrollment in a relevant field of study is a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and comfortable collaborating with a diverse team.
- Passion for social impact and desire to contribute to LetsStopAIDS’ mission of ending new HIV infections.